In order to embark on their adventure with the English language, Fluentify students take a placement test which consists of 2 stages. The written part has 4 components: reading, listening, grammar and vocabulary. This part is followed by an oral assessment which takes place during the student’s first session on the platform.
Here are some tips to help you manage the placement test session. Now the ball is in your court and you are either about to get a new regular student or just a one-off 30-minute session with someone who will either look for a new teacher or maybe even never book again on Fluentify! This is certainly not what we or you want.
On the one hand, nobody likes exams. On the other hand, we all love to know where we stand in order to set targets and see the progress. Without the initial level, this would be impossible.
Here is what you should achieve during the speaking placement test session:
- Assess your student – after the session you are asked to fill out a detailed form in which you assess your student’s speaking skills – fluency, accuracy, pronunciation and sustained monologue. The most important part is when you are asked to choose the overall level which can be the same as the written test result but if you feel it should be higher or lower, YOU can change the level! YOU decide! Read HERE for more detailed information.
- Analyse your student’s needs and learning objectives.
- Tell your student how YOU and Fluentify can help them achieve their learning goals – offer suggestions and ideas for a programme your student can follow.
- Make your student feel at ease and relaxed. If they enjoy the session, they are likely to book more!
- Finish the session giving your student clear advice on what to do next, i.e. look at your calendar (make sure it is updated for a few weeks ahead) and pick a slot to get started with the course!
Now you’re ready! Remember, you have 30 minutes to test your student, create a very friendly atmosphere and make your students know that with Fluentify and you they are on the right track to improving their English.